From "Georg Jansen" <Georg.Jan...@FaktNet.com>
Subject RE: How to pass data to custom ADONetAppender parameters?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:42:49 GMT
Sorry, an error in the parameter definition in my previous mail.

Harry,

Inserting custom data using the AdoNetAppender si pretty straight forward,
first you have to modify the sql statement in the configuration file to
something like:

<commandText value="INSERT INTO Log4Net
([Date],[Thread],[Level],[Logger],[Message],[Exception],[MyColumn]) VALUES
(@log_date, @thread, @log_level, @logger, @message, @exception,@MyColumn)"/>

And add a new parameter definition for the custom column for example like:

<parameter>

   <parameterName value="@MyColumn "/>

   <dbType value="String" />

   <size value="255" />

      <conversionPattern value="%property{MyColumn}" />

   </layout>

</parameter>

Then you use one of log4net's contexts to transfer values to the parameter
for example:

log4net.GlobalContext.Properties["MyColumn"] = "MyValue";

log.Debug("My message")

Best regards

Georg

http://www.l4ndash.com <http://www.l4ndash.com/>  - Log4net Dashboard