From "Dean Fiala" <dfi...@celadonlabs.com>
Subject RE: AdoNetAppender Multiple Columns
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:11:49 GMT
I believe you'll find the answer here.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4net-user/200609.mbox/%3
COF7D2AA730.DC039F54-ON852571E3.0046C612-852571E3.0046FA3B@pnc.com%3E

You'll want to use a Thread context property to store the user name.

-----Original Message-----
From: ebergemann [mailto:ebergemann@paragonedge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:22 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: AdoNetAppender Multiple Columns

    I am wanting to log the date, a message as well as the username to the
database with log4net. However, it appears that the only value that I can
explicitly indicate to log for log4net is the message. I do not want to have
to place the username as well as other information all within the message
string.

    How could I set up log4net to log to the database and have the
applications username logged to a seperate column than the message is logged
to?

   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   -Eric Bergemann