From "Jeremy Wiebe" <jwi...@LINNET.COM>
Subject Filtering messages by thread
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:43:46 GMT
I'm trying to get filtering working so that a given appender only accepts messages from a given
thread.

I'm creating the appenders at runtime based on an external event.  I would like that appender
to then only accept messages from the thread it was created on.

Is this possible without creating my own Filter?   I'm thinking I could use a PropertyFilter
or MdcFilter, but can't figure out the details of it.

Jeremy Wiebe

Linnet - The Land Systems Company
1600-444 St. Mary Avenue,  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3C 3T1
Tel: 1-204-957-6452  Fax: 1-204-957-7568
http://www.linnet.ca