From Dan Bress <dbr...@proquobooks.com>
Subject Different Log Level per Logger per Appender?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:57:28 GMT
I am curious if log4net supports the concept of having the same appender
associated with more than one Logger, but at different levels for each
Logger.

Example:
Lets say I have Logger L1, and Logger L2
Lets say I have RollingFileAppender A1, and ConsoleAppender A2

Is it possible to configure log4net such that
L1 and L2 both send debug or greater to A2
L1 sends error or greater to A1
L2 sends fatal or greater to A1

I suppose this can be done by declaring two nearly identical instances
of the rolling file appender, and setting a different level evaluator
for each, but this seems like unnecessary duplication.

I am coming from the log4j world where I though this feature was
supported, but i could be wrong...

Thanks,
Dan