From "Bill Schmidt" <bin...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving log4net error conditions
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:30:21 GMT
Hello list,
   I am wondering if there is a way to recieve an error messages from
log4net 1.2.10 if it is unable to write to a log file.  Reading through the
release faq (http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html) I see that
exceptions should not be thrown, however is there some method I can call to
see what the last error(if any) log4net encountered when writing to the log.

To be more specific, I am using a RollingFileAppender with C# to log for my
application.   If the appender is configured to log to a drive that is full
or not present, is there a way after I write a message to see if the write
was successful so that if there was a problem I can notify the user in some
way.

ie:
log.ERROR("my error message");
success = log.getsuccess();