From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: getting the latest version of log4net 1.2.10
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:42:31 GMT
You can't really "uninstall" a .NET assembly the same way you install
and uninstall software. If you want change the version of log4net
you're project is built against, you need to remove then re-add a
reference to the newer version of log4net. Its possible to have both
1.2.9 and 1.2.10 installed at the same time assuming they're installed
in the GAC. I doubt you'll be able to simply put a newer version of
log4net in an application's bin directory and have it recognize it.

.NET assemblies are associated with applications on a per application
basis. Assuming you have two applications in seperate folders:

 \ConsoleApplication1\bin\log4net.dll 1.2.9
 \ConsoleApplication2\bin\log4net.dll 1.2.10

You can use two different versions of log4net. Renaming a copy of
log4net so two copies of the assembly are in the bin directory will not
work:

 \ConsoleApplication1\bin\log4netOLD.dll 1.2.9
 \ConsoleApplication1\bin\log4netNEW.dll 1.2.10