From Richard Collette <richard.colle...@tritanka.com>
Subject Re: Appender stops if network error
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 19:42:56 GMT
My guess is that near term, you would have to modify the appender to make it network aware.
 .Net 2.0 has new events for handling network connectivity status.

richard.e.persson@tietoenator.com wrote:  Hi

Is there a way of handling a situation with a RollingFileAppender that
stops logging if there is a network error.
I had a situation where the application was logging to a network disk
and at some time the network was bad.

The logging is reinitialized at midnight, but I wounder if there exists
any Exception handling that could make the appender get reinitialized at
once if an error occurs.

/Richard

Richard Persson
TietoEnator AS
mailto:richard.e.persson@tietoenator.com
Office: +47 21 70 75 46
Mobile: +47 48 20 85 46

  Richard P. Collette
Certified Lotus Notes Principal Developer