From "Jiho Han" <j...@InfinityInfo.com>
Subject XmlConfiguratorAttribute and absolute path?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:39:04 GMT
I have an assembly which is a plugin that gets loaded by a host
application.  Its application base directory as returned by
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory is nowhere near where I must put
my assembly.  Here's what I am trying to do.  Have my <my
aseembly.dll>.log4net located in the same folder as my assembly.
It doesn't seem to be that there is a way to specify an absolute path in
XmlConfiguratorAttribute (ConfigFile is supposed to be relative to
appbase).
Right now I am basically having to call
XmlConfigurator.ConfigureAndWatch in my static constructor.

Is there a better way?  And no, I cannot put log4net configuration in
the host's .config file.
Thanks

Jiho Han
Senior Software Engineer