From Steve Whitley <st...@nullfx.com>
Subject Re: FW: Problem logging in class library
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:43:44 GMT
Adding [assembly : log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(Watch=true)] to your
assemblyinfo.cs file will load up a class that looks of an application
configuration file.  If the application has one, it will attempt to load
up the configuration details from the config file and build your logging
system.  the data in the config file specifies the appenders that will
listen for logging events, and any parameters they need, as well as what
LoggingLevel they will subscribe to.

if that data is not in the application configuration file then you will
have no appenders or repository set up to do your logging.  If you plan
on users of your wrapper not having to do any configuring, then you need
to do a BasicConfigurator.Configure somewhere in the entrypoint to your
wrapper and setup log4net.  there  you can specify what repository you
want to use, and / or what appenders you want to use.