From Richard Collette <richard.colle...@tritanka.com>
Subject AppenderSkeleton onClose - interop object not accessible
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:27:31 GMT
Hi,

  I am implementing Lotus Notes mail and Notes Log appenders using AppenderSkeleton with .Net
2.0

  The appender loads fine, the append method is functioning, but when onClose is called, my
reference to the Lotus Domino com object (interop) is invalid with all properties of the object
I am referencing showing the following error:

  COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW can not be used.

  I am testing this with a simple console application that only instantiates the logger and
then calls a single logging method.  onClose is entered from the end sub statement.

  The one difference from the examples is that the ILog instance is not declared shared/static
because that is not possible with a module.  Is this part of the problem?

  Do I have to call LogManager.shutdown or is there a more "automatic" way the appender can
be closed prior to finalize?

  Thank you,
  Rich