From "Daniel Miller" <daniel.mil...@corp.idt.net>
Subject RE: ASP .NET 2.0 Security error - Config problems - Any ideas?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:47:15 GMT
Thanks Nicko and Ron for your help.

I tried both suggestions but still no luck.

In web.config I have:

  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net"
requirePermission="false" />
  </configSections>

as well as the log4net config section.

In Global.asax, in method "Application_Start" I have:

        log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure();

The thing is, on my local machine it works (the test logs appear in the log
file), but when I add <trust level="Medium"/> to web.config to simulate the
host server, it doesn't work. No error message is generated either. I
uploaded the code to my web host too and find the same results.

What am I missing here?

Daniel