From "Gary Hinger" <Gary.Hin...@wildtangent.com>
Subject XML configuration file - extracting elements
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:41:27 GMT
Is there a way to extract elements from log4net's XML configuration
file, without reopening the file and parsing it?

For example, I'd like to get a certain appender's "file" property, so
that I can create the logging directory every time logging is done. I
need to do this to support runtime changes in the directory
specification in config xml. Since the log4net assembly is designed to
watch the file, it would be a shame to have to reparse the file in
separate code.

Also, is there a way to get log4net to create directories as necessary
when logging? This would solve my immediate problem. Thanks.