From "Erich Eichinger" <E.Eichin...@diamonddogs.cc>
Subject RE: Ideas for Log4net presentation
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:01:52 GMT

Hi all,

Here's my experiences with log4net:

> - What things were hard to figure out when you first started using log4net?

I remember, that 2 things were quite confusing when I started using log4net (and NET at all):
- when & how to initialize log4net
- understanding logger additivity (although I cant' remember why)

> - What things are still hard to figure out when using log4net?

I still don't know, how to find errors in log4net's configuration in a webapplication. how
do i make LogLog log to a file?
As Duncan wrote in his previous mail: It's hard to find a good & useful logging-strategy.
At least I came up with a Log.Fatal() at each "Exit"-point of an application and configure
an Smtp-Appender, that triggers on Fatal-Level. But I'm still searching for better strategies
"in between".

> - What do you find confusing about log4net?

I'm still wondering, what "Domains" are really for and how to effectively use them.

br,
Erich