From "Charles Chen" <cc...@charliedigital.com>
Subject Assembly Redirect Between 1.2.9.0 and 1.2.10.0
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 21:55:37 GMT

		Hi,

I'm using Spring.Net (log4net version 1.2.9.0) and using log4net 1.2.10.0 for the application
that I'm writing.

I'm trying to use the runtime element to change the assembly binding to the new version of
log4net.

However, I noticed that the publicKeyToken has changed between the two versions.  Is it even
possible to perform a binding redirect if the public key token is different between the assemblies?
 This is what I'm having trouble with at the moment as it seems that the assemblyBinding directive
is not being picked up, regardless of which version I use (or it is being read and processed,
just handled incorrectly due to the different publicKeyTokens?).

Any ideas?

Charles Chen
http://www.charliedigital.com/
"An old day passes, a new day arrives.  The important thing is to make it meaningful."

- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama