From "Hart, Aaron" <ah...@zolldata.com>
Subject RE: Different versions
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 15:02:33 GMT
Since the two applications are built against two different versions of
log4net, the only way to run them both is to put both (or at least one?)
in the Global Assembly Cache, which requires you to strong name one of
them. It sounds like all you have control over is the newer version, so
try strong naming it and putting it in the GAC and leaving the cms's
version in place.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter A. Kirk [mailto:pk@alpha-solutions.dk]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 4:53 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Different versions

Hi

This isn't really an issue about log4net, but two programs which use
log4net, but I hope someone can offer some advice.

I have some classes which use log4net (ver 1.2.9.0). These classes run
inside a cms-framework - which apparently also uses log4net internally,
but
version 1.2.0.3. This causes problems with my classes - I get an error
like:
Could not load file or assembly log4net, version=1.2.9.0, culture=...
The
located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assemply
reference. (exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).

If I replace the cms's version of log4net.dll with the one I use, then
the
cms complains (same sort of error as above but with different dll
version).

How can I get the cms and my classes to use their own versions of
log4net.dll?

Thanks,
Peter