From "Even Peter" <pe...@wolters-kluwer.fr>
Subject RE: Log4net Fails to Log
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 07:38:28 GMT
Hi Rama,

I had a similar case with the AdoNetAppender within a Windows Service.

This Service was installed on the same server as SQL Server and was loaded before the database.
Therefore, my AdoNetAppender wouldn't detect the database and immediately stop logging. To
prevent this I changed the reconnectonerror parameter in the config file (under <appender>)
to true : <reconnectonerror value="true" />

Peter

________________________________

De : Rama Ramakrishnan [mailto:rama.ramakrishnan@ess-home.com]
Envoyé : dimanche 7 mai 2006 20:00
À : Log4NET User
Objet : RE: Log4net Fails to Log

Raghavendra,

I can guarantee that the SQL server connection is not lost.  We are consistently having this
issue of log4net NOT logging within 3-4 minutes into the load test.  However, the if we put
our own file write, that comes out successfully.  Can you please give us some hints through
any configuration required for the logger under load ?

Thanks

Rama K.