From "Wiedemann, Bernd" <B.Wiedem...@mas-software.de>
Subject AW: AW: Log4Net Viewer
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 11:05:55 GMT
Weaving of .net 1.1 assemblies is already (partially) supported.

The weaver is based on IL roundtripping. As default, it uses .NET V2.0
versions of ILDASM/ILASM and hence generates instrumented assemblies based
on .NET 2.0.

For weaving .NET 1.1 assemblies, please use commandline options /ildasm
resp. /ilasm of weaver.exe, for example on my machine

/ildasm:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\SDK\v1.1\Bin\ildasm.exe"

/ilasm:"C:\WINXP2\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ilasm.exe"

Weaver.exe does additionally need a rule file (xml), which describes where
and what kind of tracing code should be generated.

On the one hand, you can create this file with XTrace Reflector, which is a
class view like tree - integrated in Visual Studio 2005. On the other hand,
you can create this file manually.

There are no plans for integrating XTrace Reflector in VS2003.

What are your reasons for not using .NET framework 2.0?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----