From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compress & Delete old logs
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 20:49:21 GMT
The RollingFileAppender does not have compression support built-in.
What should happen if I set my rolling log file size to 200mb? Should
my application stop responding until the compression process is
complete?

According to this page:

http://tinyurl.com/q48hv
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.MaxSizeRollBackups.html

The MaxSizeRollBackups property is "the maximum number of backup files
that are kept before the oldest is erased".

Are you able to roll files on a daily basis then run another program
every day to compress old log files? There may be general purpose
command line utilities that do this already.