From "Matthew Brown" <octav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to log a namespace?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:44:41 GMT
If you name your loggers after your class's full name, this works out naturally.

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/introduction.html#hierarchy

Getting a logger with the name "Namespace1.Namespace2.ClassName" will
add "Namespace1", "Namespace1.Namespace2", and
"Namespace1.Namespace2.Classname" to the hierarchy. Then, you can
configure them accordingly:

<logger name="Namespace1">
	<appender-ref ref="Appender1" />
</logger>

<logger name="Namespace1.Namespace2">
	<appender-ref ref="Appender2" />
 </logger>

<logger name="Namespace1.Namespace2.ClassName">
	<appender-ref ref="Appender3" />
 </logger>

So class Namespace1.Namespace2.ClassName will go to Appender3, all
other classes in Namespace1 not in Namespace2 as well will go to
Appender1 only. Since loggers inherit from their ancestor, classes in
Namespace1.Namespace2 not named "ClassName" will only go to Appender1
and 2, but not 3, etc...