From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Xml schema for Log4Net configuration
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:18:04 GMT
The log4net configuration is set by using reflection, the xml
configuration file is read and each element is matched up to a property
or method on a .net object. By adding a new type you are extending the
configuration syntax.

There are a few xml elements and attributes that are specifically
checked for.

I have attached an xml schema that I think shows these elements, but is
actually invalid because it contains an <any/> element at the same
element as other named elements. The only xml schema that I can actually
see correctly expresses the log4net configuration is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:schema
  attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
  elementFormDefault="qualified"

	<xs:element name="log4net">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:sequence>

				<xs:any
				  minOccurs="0"
				  maxOccurs="unbounded"
				  processContents="lax"/>

			</xs:sequence>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

Now this is not a very useful schema as it just says that the <log4net>
element can contain any child elements.

Nicko