From "Macagno, Julian" <Julian.Maca...@sabre.com>
Subject RE: Help with XmlLayoutBase
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:52:11 GMT

Thanks for your help.  Ill see to try this out.

- Julian

________________________________

From: Nicko Cadell [mailto:nicko@neoworks.com]
Sent: Sun 3/26/2006 5:26 PM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Help with XmlLayoutBase

If you want to generate an XML log file using the default layout, you
should use the log4net.Layout.XmlLayout. The only property you can
specify on the XmlLayout is the Prefix. This is the namespace prefix to
use on all elements output.

If you want a different XML layout then you will need to subclass the
XmlLayoutBase. The best examples of subclassing the XmlLayoutBase are
the XmlLayout and the XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j. The source for these can be
found in the log4net download.

Cheers,
Nicko