From "Michael Hinkel" <Michael.Hin...@datatrak.net>
Subject RE: Log4net with .net 2.0 for com+ servicedcomponent
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:18:30 GMT
Thomas,

I've successfully set up log4net logging for a serviced component which
is hosted inside the IIS (.NET remoting service) using .NET 1.1.

To do this, the application (e.g. IIS) has to have write access to the
folder where the log file is to be created (this seems to be okay in
your setting).

Next, I've added the following log4net declaration in one class (e.g. a
base class of a class hierarchy) of each project which should use
log4net:

[assembly: log4net.Config.Repository("Server")]
[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile="Web.config")]

The repository name should be the name of the assembly - but if you use
several projects and therefore have several assemblies you have to use
the same repository name in each project (at least I needed to do this,
because otherwise only one assembly was able to successfully use
log4net, and the other silently failed).

You also have to find out the root folder of your component, which
depends on the application that uses your component.

Hope this information is not completely wrong and might be of any help
to you...

Michael

_______________________________________
DATATRAK Deutschland GmbH