From Aaron Morton <log4...@the-mortons.org>
Subject Re: Locking of file by RollingFileAppender
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:03:05 GMT
Shaily,
You can change the rolling file appender to not keep the file open, this
will slow things down a little but will allow you to have two
applications logging into the same file.

You can set the lockingModel property like this ...

        <appender name="RollingFileAppender"
type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender" >
            <file value="c:\myfile.txt" />
            <appendToFile value="true" />
            <rollingStyle value="Size" />
            <maxSizeRollBackups value="2" />
            <maximumFileSize value="50KB" />
            <staticLogFileName value="true" />
            <lockingModel
type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />
                <conversionPattern value="%date{ISO8601}
[%appdomain-%thread] %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
            </layout>
        </appender>

sdk doc is here....
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Appender.FileAppender.LockingModel.html