From "Simon Wallis" <mail...@wallis.ca>
Subject ADO.NET Appender and connection pooling
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:24:37 GMT
Hi,

It seems that the ADO.NET appender only ever uses one connection to the database. It opens
this connection when the config file is parsed, and keeps it open for the duration of its
life.

Does anyone see any problems with this being a bottleneck? I searched in the archives and
can't find anyone else ever bringing this up. I just wonder if this is a problem under heavy
load, because aren't you single-threading access to the database? Logging calls to the ADO.NET
Appender are synchronous too.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Simon.