From Qiu-xia.Zh...@sybase.com
Subject Re: How to log for a ClassLibrary project, but not a Console Application project?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 04:10:23 GMT
Hi Ron
>How are you initializing log4net in the applications that aren't
>logging correctly?

I config log4net in ClassLibrary or WinForm just like what in ConsoleApp
in Visual Studio Team System 2005 Beta 2 :
1 AssemblyInfo.cs:[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(Watch = true)]
2 App.config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
        <configSections>
                <section name="log4net" type="
System.Configuration.IgnoreSectionHandler" />
        </configSections>
        <appSettings>
                <!-- <add key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true"/> -->
        </appSettings>
        <log4net>
                <appender name="LogFileAppender" type="
log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
                        <file value="logs\DALTest-log-file.txt" />
                        <appendToFile value="true" />
                                <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread]
%-5level %logger -- %message%newline" />
                        </layout>
                </appender>
                <appender name="ConsoleAppender" type="
log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender">
                                <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread]
%-5level %logger -- %message%newline" />
                        </layout>
                </appender>
                <root>
                        <level value="ALL" />
                        <appender-ref ref="LogFileAppender" />
                        <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender" />
                </root>
        </log4net>
</configuration>
3 Code in class:
using log4net;
private static readonly ILog logger = LogManager
.GetLogger(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType);
logger.Debug("Test get-customer-list begins!");

I can't find config example in Class Library or WinForm.  Are there any
differences with config for ConsoleApp?

Ron Grabowski <rongrabowski@yahoo.com>
02/16/2006 11:38 AM
Please respond to
"Log4NET User" <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>

Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How to log for a ClassLibrary project, but not a Console Application
project?

Yes, log4net can be used with WinForm applications and Class Libraries.