From david crunchybear <crunchyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Appdomain with log4net
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:52:10 GMT
Hi,

After not being able to solve this myself, I'm looking for some sort of best
practise solution to a problem that I'm facing: My app (console app) has 2
appdomains, both of which need to log. In an ideal world, they would both
log to the same place (in this instance a RollingFileAppender) and if there
is non-convoluted manner in which to do this, that would be great (with both
appdomains being given access to the same logger). However, if this is not
possible, is there any other method of achieving something similar that can
be recommended?
If both app domains have to log to different locations, which is acceptable.
How easy is this to do if both domains are using the same conf file? (I have
tried this solution using 2 separate appenders with 2 separate loggers
defined, but I had problems with file locks and only one worked!) an example
would be great!

Thanks in advance,

-David