From "Jaroslaw Kowalski" <j...@jkowalski.net>
Subject Re: Log4Net Viewer
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:26:12 GMT
Hi!

NLogViewer still requires a lot of work but is already usable for quick
viewing needs with both log4net and NLog (http://www.nlog-project.org). It
parses and displays log4j xml-formatted messages received over the following
protocols

UDP on port 4000
TCP on port 4001
SMTP on port 25 (using nDumbster)

(You can modify the ports after you first start NLogViewer by looking into
files in:
"C:\Documents and Settings\....\Local Settings\Application Data\NLogViewer")

I've recently created a separate subversion repository for NLogViewer:

http://svn.nlog-project.org/repos/nlog/trunk/NLogViewer/

If you prefer the zip files, you can get NLogViewer source code with NLog as
an added bonus from:

http://svn.nlog-project.org/snapshots/nlog-latest.zip

Use Visual Studio.NET 2003 or NAnt 0.85 to build it. It should be pretty
straightforward. If you have some spare time and you'd like to work on
NLogViewer to be more useful, contact me, preferably on the NLog mailing
list. The license is BSD.

Any feedback from the log4net community is welcome.

--
Jarek
http://blog.jkowalski.net/