From "Ismay, Greg \(CALBRIS\)" <Greg.Is...@comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Subject RE: Logging in CF on pocket pc 2003
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:11:12 GMT
Hi there.

We've had a CF app live for a year or so, using log4net for logging.
I ended up writing my own appender to send events to our standard
webservice layer, but apart from that its all "out of the box"
Id recommend configuring log4net progammatically as CF doesn't support
"ConfigureAndWatch", and files are a pain anyway on ppc.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicko Cadell [mailto:nicko@neoworks.com]
Sent: Monday, 14 November 2005 05:54
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Logging in CF on pocket pc 2003

There is a log4net build for the Compact Framework. It is part of the
standard log4net download:
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/downloads.html
incubating-log4net-1.2.9-beta\bin\netcf\1.0\release

There is even a simple example in the download at:
examples\netcf\1.0\Tutorials\ConsoleApp\cs\src

Cheers,
Nicko

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information.
If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any
attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or
attachments.
This notice should not be removed.