From Saurabh Dani <saur...@danicorp.com>
Subject RE: TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:00:14 GMT
Is anyone else able to use log4net with ASP.net 2.0? I am getting same exception with this
sample program.

Saurabh

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: depsi programmer <depsi_programmer@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: TypeInitializationException was unhandled
To: Log4NET User <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>

Thanks

I am building a Windows Application using Microsoft
Visual Basic 2005 Beta 2.

In my app.config file I have put

The sample application code in which I am trying to
write log for a button click with time of clicking is:

Public Class Form1
'Declaration part
Private Shared ReadOnly logger As log4net.ILog =
log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().DeclaringType)

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure()
'Initialize log4net ---> here it generates exception
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As
Button1.Click
'trying to write in log
log4net.NDC.Push("Form1.vb")
logger.Info("Button1 Clicked at :" & Now)
log4net.NDC.Pop()
End Sub
End Class

--- Nicko Cadell wrote:

> What type of application are you building? From the
> look of the call
> stack it looks like some kind of VS add-in. If so
> which version of VS?
> I can't reproduce this with a simple forms app so it
> may be some
> interaction with the hosting process.
>
> Is it possible for you to post the source to a bare
> bones version of
> your app? Just something that it launched in the
> same way, has a form
> which is displayed, and calls
> XmlConfigurator.Configure from the OnLoad
> method. If I can reproduce the problem it is much
> easier to fix.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicko

System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message&
> > m)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message&
> > m)
> >
> > at
> > System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
> >
> > at
> System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&
> > m)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&
> > m)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr
> > hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SendMessage(HandleRef
> > hWnd, Int32 msg, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
> >
> > at
> > System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean
> > value)
> >
> > at
> > System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean
> > value)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopI
> > nner(Int32
> > reason, ApplicationContext context)
> >
> > at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32
> > reason, ApplicationContext context)
> >
> > at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form
> > mainForm)
> >
> > at
> System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly
> > assembly, String[] args)
> >
> > at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String
> > assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[]
> > args)
> >
> > at

Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

> > at

System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
> > state)
> >
> > at

System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/