From <mail...@wallis.ca>
Subject RemotingServer hangs?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:31:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm using a .NET Remoting solution which uses the RemotingServer NT service, included as example
code with the distribution. I have a custom .NET Remoting appender which sends events asynchronously
to the RemotingServer (in 1.2.8 the RemotingAppender was not asynchronous, so I wrote my own).

The other day the RemotingServer service stopped responding and would not log anything until
I restarted it. Does anyone know what could have caused this? This code is part of the distribution
so I'm hoping that other people are using it as well.

Unfortunately I did not check the memory or CPU usage of the process before restarting it,
which could have indicated something. It's been about an hour since I restarted it and there
doesn't appear to be any abnormal memory usage. It floats between 25mb and 35mb.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Simon.