From "Dawson Mossman" <dawson_moss...@hotmail.com>
Subject Log4Net Reports
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:43:26 GMT
Hi,
I know the primary purpose of Log4Net is logging capability in your
application.  However, I'm wondering if it's also used/recommended for
Reporting?

I've heard talk of people using Log4Net to generate logging information that
they intend to use for creating reports.  Is this a recommended strategy?
Or should application reporting be kept separate from Log4Net entries?

>From what I understand, it's common for Log4Net to be turned off in a
production application and only turned on when required to debug a problem.
If this is the typical usage, then clearly reporting based on Log4Net would
not be recommended.

If you could clear this for me, it would avoid steering several projects in
the wrong direction.

Thanks.