From "Billy Barnum" <b.bar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: How to pass integrated security credentials to AdoNetAppender from ASP.NET?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:56:03 GMT
Thanks, Georg.

Yes, Application_Start only runs under ASPNET, as I learned during this
whole exercise. That's why you worked just fine by granting ASPNET dbms
access and I didn't - I was granting to the anonymous user and my database
was on a physically separate box from the web server.

As I said, I'm a middle-tier and database guy new to log4net roped into
providing logging for a web app; I sure learned about ASP, here. We are
currently debating the very 2 suggestions you made about different dbmss and
selective grants - great minds think alike!

Anyway, I think we've about beaten this one to death. Thanks again.

-BillyB