From "Simon Wallis" <mail...@wallis.ca>
Subject log files get reset at 12:00 noon every day
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:44:26 GMT
Hi,

This is totally weird. Every day at 12:00 noon the log files from our application get reset.
If I check them in the morning, there are entries starting in the night, there's entries throughout
the morning, and then exactly at noon log4net seems to delete the file and recreate it, so
all the entries from midnight until noon are deleted.

This is only happening in our recently deployed QA and production environments. It works fine
locally. I'm also logging to a database and that is fine. I made sure that the Regional date
settings (in control panel) are the same, I just have no idea why this is happening. It is
quite bizarre.

Here is the snipped from my log4net config file:

	<!-- ERROR LOG - text file that rolls on a daily basis -->
	<appender name="ErrorRollingFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
		<filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelRangeFilter">
			<levelMin value="WARN" />
			<levelMax value="FATAL" />
		</filter>
		<rollingStyle value="Date" />
		<datePattern value=".yyyyMMdd.&quot;log&quot;" />
		<file value="D:\\myfolder\\Logging\\hidc2\\WS.error" />
		<appendToFile value="true" />
		<param name="StaticLogFileName" value="false" />
			<conversionPattern value="%d %-7p %c  &quot;%m&quot; %P{SessionId} %P{ProfileId}
%P{XmlData} %n" />
		</layout>
	</appender>

Is anything wrong with it?