From "Martijn Remmen" <...@oce.nl>
Subject Re: Log4net seems to hang when starting up windows service
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:37:03 GMT
Just to mention it, but I have the same behavior in my windows services.
When log4net is used in the main thread, the service hangs for 30 seconds,
and is then aborted. My soultion was create a working thread and only use
log4net in that thread (this implies of course that the other thread takes a
while before it is started).

So this problem occurs more often.

Martijn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Overholt" <gary_overholt@yahoo.com>
To: <log4net-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: RE: Log4net seems to hang when starting up windows service

Nicko,

I just did a google search with 'GetCurrentProcess .net hangs'

Some of the links are dead but you can look at the cached pages.

The cached page for 'http://thedotnet.com/howto/work412709.aspx' may be of
interest.

My fix is definitly a hack. I was not going to post to the group until I
looked
at it further, but I saw that John had similar problems.  I am very
interested
in any other suggestions.

- gary

Gary Overholt