From "Immo Landwerth" <Im...@TheprojectGroup.de>
Subject TCP Appender
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:40:24 GMT
Hi there,

First of all I have to say that Log4Net is the best logging library I have ever seen. Our
company evaluated between 5 and 10 logging apis, some of them were even commercial ones. But
Log4Net really kicks ass! :-)

For our company I have written a log viewer that listens on UDP. This tool works just fine
but as you guys know UDP has one major problem: Sometimes messages are just "eaten", sometimes
they come in a wrong order etc. For logging purposes where performance of the app is more
important than 100 % correct log behaviour UDP might be the correct choice. For the purposes
of our company performance is not an issue but we use this tool for live-diagnosis of customer
problems.

So I wonder if you guys could create a TCP appender? I guess many people would love that,
too :-)

Thanks,

Best regards,

Immo Landwerth