From Ramaa Davanagere <RDAVA...@mobius.com>
Subject Including datetime stamp in the log messages.
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:56:01 GMT

I'm using a fileappender and logging messages to a text file.

My Fileappender and PatternLayout are set like this...

log4net.Appender.FileAppender oFileAppender = new

log4net.Layout.PatternLayout oPatternLayout = new

oPatternLayout.Header = "[Begin]\r\n";

oPatternLayout.Footer = "[End]\r\n\r\n";

oPatternLayout.ConversionPattern = "%d %-5p %c %m%n";

But I want the output to look like the sample shown below. I want to include
the datetime stamp for each message that is logged to the text file followed
by the message type constants (debug, error, fatal, info, etc) and then my
log message.

2005-08-30 08:56:27,968[120048]INFO
MyCompanyName.MyProductName.ErrorHandler - Void
WriteToLog_Info(System.String) about to write a log message

2005-08-30 08:57:58,890[129088]ERROR
MyCompanyName.MyProductName.ErrorHandler - Void
WriteToLog_Err(System.String): Object variable not set

Can somebody look at my conversionPattern string and let me know what is

View raw message