From "Burger, Erik" <Erik.Bur...@Gpxs.net>
Subject Logging based on userID
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:21:39 GMT
Hi,

I know I have asked this question before in a long distant past and saved
the response for when I had more time. Now that I have, I cannot find the
response. Typical.

Anyway, I have written an extension to the log4net framework to add a
'userID' field. This works great. What I would like to do now (or, to be
precise, what my Support team would like to do now) is be able to switch
logging levels based on userID. That is, I would like to be able to have
Info as my standard logging level for all users but be able to turn on the
Debug level for particular users in response to Support calls.

How would I go about doing that? Is there something I can do using Filters
or do I need to extend my extension in some way??

Thanks in advance,
Erik

-------------------------------
Lead Developer
Research and Development Group
GPXS Wireless Ltd.
Phone: +31 (0) 20 4621 988
Fax:   +31 (0) 20 7507 301
Email: erik.burger@gpxs.net

This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be
privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee only. If you are
not the addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
attachments and notify us immediately at support@gpxs.net
<mailto:support@gpxs.net>. Thank You.