From "Shaily Goel" <gsha...@novell.com>
Subject inheritance of appenders from Parent
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:58:24 GMT
Hi

I am facing a problem in inheritance of appenders from Parent.

version of Log4net used: incubating-log4net-1.2.9-beta ;
 Platform: Windows

Test: Test if logger a.b inherits its appender from a.

static void Main(string[] args)
  {

            Logger a = LogManager.GetLogger("a").Logger as Logger;
            a.Additivity = true;
            a.Repository.Configured = true;

            ConsoleAppender ca = new ConsoleAppender();
            ca.Name = "Test";
            ca.ActivateOptions();

            a.AddAppender(ca);
            Logger ab = LogManager.GetLogger("a.b").Logger as Logger;

            IAppender ar = ab.GetAppender("Test");
}

I found that there is no appender inherited by Logger a.b. Why is it
so?

What should I do to make "a.b" inherits all the appender of "a".

Thanks
Shaily