From "Adam Jack" <adam.j...@AdventureCentral.com>
Subject RE: SmtpAppender buffer flush (to mail) on shutdown.
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:40:19 GMT
I am using 1.2.9 (release from Apache Incubator.) Could it be that this
is too 'old'?

If not, then I'll triple check that what I last saw didn't have lossy
somehow set. Maybe it was a residual message from that configuration,
since I've not noticed one recently. Sorry if this was all "lossy"
related.

Thanks for investigating.

Regards,

Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: Nicko Cadell [mailto:nicko@neoworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:50 AM
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: SmtpAppender buffer flush (to mail) on shutdown.

Adam,

If the SmtpAppender is configured not to be lossy (i.e. Lossy=false)
then the current buffer will be sent. If the appender is in lossy mode
(Lossy=true) then the buffer is not sent when the appender is closed.

As you are not seeing this behaviour, which version of log4net are you
using?

Cheers,
Nicko