From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: COM and VisualBasic 6.0 and log4net
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:55:41 GMT
I honestly don't know if it supports it or not. I haven't used VB6+COM
in almost 4 years. I searched Google for "log4net COM" and didn't find
anything on the first page. I'm sure its possible to generate a COM
wrapper around log4net but in your post you sounded urgent for a
solution. If you've never dealt with generating COM wrappers, I think
an easier solution would be to copy the ~10 lines from the NLog website
I posted into your project and use that. While log4net tries its best
to play nice with others, its primary focus is the .NET Framework...not
interoperability with legacy VB6 applications.

If you don't need something right this second, you may want to consider
generating a COM wrapper then sharing your results with the list or
writing up something for the FAQ on the log4net website.