From "Saurabh Dani" <saur...@danicorp.com>
Subject Keeping old log files in RollingAppender
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:30:15 GMT

I have following configuration for RollingFIleAppender, but it does not save my old logs.
Every night the log file is overwritten. Can someon epoint to me that what needs to be changed
to keep the old logs.

<log4net>

<appender name="RollingLogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">

<file value="Logs\l4net.log" />

<appendToFile value="true" />

<rollingStyle value="Date" />

<datePattern value="yyyyMMdd" />

<lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender+MinimalLock" />

<conversionPattern value="%date|[%thread]|%-5level|%logger|%l|[%property{NDC}]|- %message%newline"
/>

</layout>

</appender>

<root>

<level value="INFO" />

<level value="DEBUG" />

<appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />

</root>

</log4net>

Thanks
Saurabh