From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Wrapping Log4Net with a Facade - How to get the correct Location Information
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:51:59 GMT
The log4net ILog / LogImpl types are a façade (also known as wrapper or extension) around
log4net. If you are creating your own façade you need to do the same as the LogImpl class.

Rather than calling LogManager and wrapping the ILog objects you should call into log4net.Core.LoggerManager
to get Loggers.

ILogger logger = LoggerManager.GetLogger(Assembly.GetCallingAssembly(), "loggername");

Then on the logger object use the Log method to inject the logging event.

logger.Log(thisDeclaringType, level, message, exceptionOrNull);

The thisDeclaringType parameter is the type of your façade object. This is used when searching
the call stack for the caller location information.

Cheers,
Nicko