From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Flushing?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:40:42 GMT
Charles,

This depends on how you have configured log4net. You may need to mail
your log4net configuration to get a more detailed analysis.

If you are just using a FileAppender with a PatternLayout with a Footer
specified then the Footer will only be written when the appender is
closed. log4net hooks the application unload event and calls
LogManager.Shutdown. There are circumstances outside the control of
log4net that can prevent the application unload event handler from
running or completing.

If you can explicitly call the LogManager.Shutdown() method during you
application exit then all output should be written correctly.

Cheers,
Nicko