From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: DatePatterns in RollingFileAppender
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:04:42 GMT

> Thanks for a quick reply.  I am facing the following problems
> regarding the use of DatePattern in RollingFileAppender:
>
> 1. I used DatePattern as "yyyy-MM" to Roll at the beginning
> of each month like below:

This pattern is correct and it works with log4net 1.2.9
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/downloads.html

> 2. I am unable to identify the DatePattern that I should use
> to roll the log each week(RollPoint.TopOfWeek). Please let me
> know by example the DatePattern I should use for rolling the
> log each week. If "RollPoint.TopOfWeek" option is used then
> at which day of the week the rolling will take place . Is it
> the first day of the week, which can be different depending
> on the locale or the last day of the week or some defined day only??

As DateTime.ToString does not have a pattern that supports the day of
the week it is not possible to use RollPoint.TopOfWeek. This value
exists only because it exists in log4j and was ported over with the rest
of the code. Unlike DateTime.ToString equivalent java date pattern
renderer supports the day of week.

Cheers,
Nicko