From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: What is wrong with Log4Net web.config?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:09:08 GMT
Charles,

There are a couple of general points I want to bring up regarding your
example.

You should try to call DOMConfigurator.Configure() only once, and if
possible as soon as the application starts. Adding this code to your
Page_Load method is not best practice. The Application_Start method of
the Global.asax is a better place in a web app.

In your config file the <root> element is commented out. I would
recommend always having a <root> element that specifies an appender. I
know that in your case using a <logger> with the correct name has the
same effect, but if you are trying to show people the right way to do it
I would use the <root> element.

Cheers,
Nicko