From "Castrianni, Chris {PBSG}" <Chris.Castria...@pbsg.com>
Subject RE: Change logging level with a trigger
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:51:58 GMT
Jason,

I believe you want to use a BufferingForwardingAppender for this.

--Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Jason (GE Infrastructure) [mailto:Jason.Young@ge.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:44 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Change logging level with a trigger

We've been trying to get a certain type of logging working with no luck.
We only want to log info messages and above, but if a warning or above
is encountered, we want it to output the last x number of messages.  The
buffered file appender looks like it almost does this, but not quite.
We've also been able to log all messages, but send an email on error
messages with the buffer.

Does someone have an example config file that I could see?

If you need more clarification, or want to see where I got stuck, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Jason