From "jexxi@hotpop.com" <je...@hotpop.com>
Subject Re: Please help... Log4net error when accessing 'web.config' on remote share...
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:35:17 GMT
On 8/22/05, Ron Grabowski <rongrabowski@yahoo.com> wrote:

    Are you able to open the file using code like this:

    string remoteFile = @"\\192.168.11.111\ASPNET_APP\web.config";
    XmlTextReader xmlTextReader = new XmlTextReader(remoteFile);

Well, I'll have to test  that first.

    This search turned up some interesting results:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=credentials+unc+xmltextreader

    The first post recommends adding this line to <system.web>:

    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    I think you can also do this too:

      <identity impersonate="true" userName="joe" password="1234" />

    Environment.UserName may be helpful in determining whether or not
    access rights are to blame

Yup, I've already try using impersonate, but still got the same error.

    .

    If there's a web server running on the parent machine, you may be able
    to add a page that serves out config files:

    http://192.168.11.150/ASPNETAPP/config.aspx?file=log4net

    You could request that file and configure log4net via a stream.

Interesting approach, I'm going to try it also.

Thanks for your help.
Johan

http://mail2web.com/ .