From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: I searched the archives and didn't see it jump out at me. I apologize if I missed anything but here goes:
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:22:37 GMT
Log4net is designed to not throw exceptions. You application should
continue to work even if someone is wrong with log4net.

What happens when you enable internal debugging?

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#internalDebug

http://tinyurl.com/e3ued
http://www.mail-archive.com/log4net-user%40logging.apache.org/msg02159.html

The problem you described is usually caused by the ASP.Net process not
having correct write permissions to the directory.

Since you're using an ASP.Net application, you could try testing
log4net by setting up a AspNetTraceAppender and viewing the Trace.axd
for your application inside your browser.