From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom parameters
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:59:40 GMT
You could store the value of CustomerID inside a context such as
ThreadContext:

 log4net.ThreadContext.Properties["CustomerID"] = customerId;

Or you could write your own logger:

http://tinyurl.com/b2lxq
http://www.mail-archive.com/log4net-user%40logging.apache.org/msg01993.html

that has overloads for passing in a CustomerID:

 log.Info(customerId, "Hello World");

This is how the parameter node would retrieve the value:

 <conversionPattern value="%property{CustomerID}" />

This page shows all the available patterns:

http://tinyurl.com/e3nd3
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/log4net.Layout.PatternLayout.html

--- "Smith, Johnathon (KEYPEOPLE RESOURCES INC)"