From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: WMI Events
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:09:14 GMT
Writing your own WMI appender should not be too tricky.

The .NET framework has some nice features to allow you to define a .NET
type that defines a WMI event schema, instances of this type can then be
fired via WMI. You will need to define one of these objects that can be
Fired via WMI. Then implement your own appender (have a look at the
DebugAppender.cs in the log4net source for a good starting point) which
takes a LoggingEvent and uses it to populate your WMI object, then just
fire the WMI object.

Cheers,
Nicko